Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The intro.

So, for anyone that might actually read this, let me start by saying that I'm a huge fan of Dean Karnazes, http://www.ultramarathonman.com/flash/ and Steve Prefontaine http://www.stevepre.com/ . If you don't know these two names I hope that you take your time to look at what they have done and that during your endeavors as a runner or in your happenings in life that these two men might be able to inspire you to new heights.

The reason why I started this blog was to right about my happenings and the things I learn while inspiring to be a better runner. By being a better runner, I don't just mean that I want to be a faster, more competitive runner alone. I hope that I can share my mistakes, my knowledge and the wisdom I've gained from other great runners, athletes and anyone else that I might find inspiration from with whom ever might be interested. If you happen to have tidbits of knowledge to share, please do. If you have questions, ask. If you have comments, feel free to make them.

At present, I am in San Antonio, Texas. I have been running competitively, off and on, since the 7th grade. About 13 years. I will never claim to be the smartest, fastest (I wouldn't mind though), best or greatest. I simply want to share my experiences and inspire others to do the same. I spent 5 years in the Marine Corps, straight out of High School. Over the last year, I've just gotten back in to the spirit of racing. I'll run anything from a 5k race on off weekends to full marathons and hopefully very soon Ultras. My goal is to find and run a race every weekend. Currently, I've been running in a lot of 10k races and getting my times steadily faster. Right now, my fastest time is around 46 minutes for a 10k. I ran much faster 6 yrs ago but I also know I can run much faster now with proper training.

I'll try to come on and write about once a week if not more. I would like to share my race day experiences with people and maybe recommend some good races wherever it might be that I run.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: